Health Through Ozone Therapy
The Origin Dental Wellness center is expanding our treatment capabilities with the addition of ozone therapy. You may be familiar with ozone’s role in protecting us from the sun’s harmful UV rays, but for those new to many integrative and holistic treatment options, it may be the first time you’ve heard about the medicinal use of ozone. We’d like to explain what ozone is and what benefits it brings to patients battling a range of health concerns.
To appreciate and understand its medicinal value, we must look closely at the properties of ozone. Ozone is a colorless gas comprised of 3 oxygen atoms. Ozone’s positive charge gives it an oxidative effect on organic compounds. It has the ability to neutralize negatively charged foreign cells such as bacteria, viruses, parasites and yeast effectively killing active infections.
In the medical setting, an ozone generator is used to make ozone from pure oxygen and the gas is administered in precise therapeutic doses. Ozone therapy has been utilized and extensively studied for decades. Its affects have proven consistent with minimal to no side effects.
Ozone sinus and ear insufflations are a simple way to introduce ozone therapy to activate the body’s immune system
Benefits Of Ozone
- Ozone kills viruses, bacteria and fungi, even those resistant to pharmaceutical medications.
- Ozone boosts oxygen utilization and cellular energy production
- Ozone stimulates and balances the immune system.
- Ozone increases the antioxidant system.
- Ozone enhances the effectiveness of chemotherapy and radiation.
What Can Ozone Treat?
- ANY type of infection; fungal, bacterial, parasitic and viral, and all upper respiratory infections such as ear, nose and throat. Plus,it’s helpful in the treatment of Lyme disease, herpes and more.
- Pain; postherpetic neuralgia pain (pain lingering after shingles, herpes zoster infection), tight or spasmodic muscles, trigeminal neuralgia, TMJ disorder, occipital neuralgia and piriformis syndrome.
- A weakened immune system!
- Carious lesions (cavities).
- Inflammation displayed through allergic reactions, fibromyalgia, poison ivy, skin rashes, autoimmune problems, carpal tunnel syndrome and arthritis. It also has healing effects on non-healing wounds.
- Regenerative needs with relation to joints, ligaments or tendons. When injected into these areas, ozone stimulates repair of these musculoskeletal structures.
Ozone is remarkable therapy. Today, its use has been indicated for the treatment of 260 different pathologies. It can offer results where other therapies have failed.
If you would like to know more, please call the office at 918.747.6453 and speak with Angie or let’s have a discussion next time you’re in.